A client organization was in the middle of a website implementation that was not progressing. By applying project management and key facilitation techniques, Dennison & Associates was able to help complete the project within the budget and revised timeline constraints.
- Client was implementing a new website with a vendor, under an extremely short timeline to meet Board expectations
- Staff leadership for the project had turned over after the project start, and months had passed since the vendor’s last deliverable
- The vendor replaced a key Project Manager resource twice after the project restart
- The relationship between the client and vendor had been come strained
- Client did not have a project management resource on staff
- Negotiated between vendor and client for a new, but still aggressive, launch date.
- The initial timeline was not reasonable for the work to be performed, so we reset client expectations for a more realistic timeline.
- Established clear communications and issue follow up procedures to provide consistent project management for both vendor and client
- Worked directly with vendor to provide additional details for new requirements
- Facilitated testing to ensure thorough staff testing, effective bug reporting, and timely issue resolution
- Communicated directly with vendor, on behalf of staff, to ensure adherence to requirements
- Provided budget tracking and managed vendor billings to client
- Staff gained Board approval to extend the project timeline with a realistic launch date
- Phased approach was used for new requirements, allowing delivery of a fully functional site, with future phases for additional features
- Staff were able to focus on their portions of the project without the distraction of vendor interactions
- Board was very happy with the new website
Contact Dennison & Associates to find out how we can help your association with a technology implementation.