One organization was implementing new technology with resistant staff. By applying key facilitation and adoption techniques, staff took ownership of and eventually embraced coming changes.
- Implementing a new off-the-shelf AMS from a leading vendor
- Organization was replacing a failed AMS implemented only a few years earlier
- Most membership staff had 15+ years with the organization, with several negative influencers
- Implemented extensive, mandatory testing and training program, with approximately 100 hours in the new system prior to go-live
- Consistent positive messaging and demonstrations of system improvements
- Translation of negative influencers to positive through targeted messaging, and development as ‘experts’ in areas of capability
- Staff were fully trained by go-live, and experienced a smooth transition
- Staff were committed to the change, and became positive influencers for the new system with later-phase departments.
- No significant decline in services or increase in member complaints
- Early and often exposure to new changes, even if all staff cannot be included in decision-making
- ‘What’s in it for me’ messaging highlighting tangible, real-life benefits to each individual
- Work hardest to build self-efficacy with least confident staff and celebrate all progress
- Convert negative influencers by enrolling them in project success
Contact Dennison & Associates to find out how we can help your staff take ownership of their future and embrace positive change in your organization.